COVID-19 Resources for COS Students
Last updated 4:15 PM MST, 9/14/20
We urge all students to pay attention to their email for communication from the University, Faculty and Staff. We will continue to update this page with resources as they become available. Visit the central University of Arizona COVID-19 website for campus-wide updates.
COS Resources for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars
The College of Science (COS) recognizes that in addition to pursuing their own research and scholarly activities, graduate assistants (GAs) and postdoctoral scholars play critical roles in COS as researchers and instructors in labs and classrooms. You are among the hardest-working individuals on this campus - in fact the university cannot run without you. The COS Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholars Re-entry Committee aims to help you navigate re-entry concerns, working conditions, and assignments during the university’s re-entry process.
We have created this document with resources and guidance for COS Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars.
- Create a weekly schedule
- Time block your classes/study time by course
- Increase communication with professors/peers utilizing D2L resources (zoom, discussion boards, etc.)
- Check email/notifications regularly
- Eliminate distractions as much as possible
- Get dressed each morning & set goals for your courses as normal
- Remember to keep virtually connected with friends & family through Facetime, Skype, Voice Group Calls, Text Messages, etc.
For general information, please visit UArizona’s central hub for COVID-19 communications.
For communication and information from the Graduate College, including updated policies on exams and defenses, please visit the main Arizona graduate college website.
- Ask your TA or professor question in office hours via Zoom
- Host a Zom study session with friends in your class
- Create your own study guide
- Block out time in your schedule for study AND review what you studies
- Take breaks, stay rested, & keep hydrated!