Leadership and Research Training Opportunities
- New Voices in Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is a NASEM sponsored leadership program that promotes collaboration among outstanding early- and mid-career scientists, engineers, and medical professionals during a two-year term of service. Applications are due August 10, 2023. Follow this link for more information. https://www.nationalacademies.org/our-work/new-voices-in-sciences-engineering-and-medicine
All University of Arizona students have agreed to abide by the standards for behavior set forth by the Arizona Board of Regents. The Student Code of Conduct is in place to create a safe, healthy, and responsible environment that allows UA students, faculty, and staff to be successful in their daily endeavors and to achieve long term goals.
Faculty Responsibilities to Graduate Assistants/Associates (RAs and TAs)
Every graduate student occupying a Graduate Assistant/Associate Teaching (GAT) or Graduate Research Assistant/Associates (GAR) position must receive a written performance evaluation from his or her faculty supervisor at the end of each term, regardless of the specific duties. More information can be found at the Graduate College website; links to forms for "TA conversations" and "RA conversations are available on this page.
COS Requirements and Best Practices
The College of Science has created a document for instructors that outlines what all COS courses must have and best practices for Spring 2023.
Faculty Affairs Office Hours
College of Science online office hours for Fall 2023 will be every Wednesday in October, then every other Wednesday in November (1, 15 & 29) from 2:00-2:30pm.
Zoom Meeting Link - https://arizona.zoom.us/j/85478406319
Break out rooms available for specific questions or screenshare tutorials in UA Vitae/RPT.
Office hours are open to any College of Science faculty coordinators, Department Heads & Directors, Department P&T committee members, and any faculty looking for advice on the P&T process, procedures, or best practices.
Promotion and Tenure
- Deadline for all career-track dossiers to be submitted to the College of Science for the 2023-2024 review cycle is Monday, October 30, 2023.
- Deadline for tenure track & continuing status dossiers for promotion, and tenure reviews to be submitted to the College of Science for the 2023-2024 is Monday, October 16, 2023.
- Deadline for 3rd year reviews to be submitted to the College of Science for the for the 2023-2024 review cycle is Monday, November 13, 2023.
Please follow the links below for templates and more information on Promotion and Tenure.
- College of Science Guidelines for Promotion to Associate Professor with Tenure and Full Professor with Tenure
- University of Arizona Faculty Affairs promotion and tenure information
- 2023-2024 Guide to the Promotion Process for Career Track Faculty
- 2023-2024 Guide to the Promotion Process PDF for Tenure Track & Continuing Status Faculty
- UHAP Policy for tenure-eligible (TE) faculty, tenured (TT) faculty, and career-track (CT) faculty
- UHAP Policy for continuing-eligible (CE) and continuing status (CS) professionals
- Promotion/tenure dossier templates for TE, TT, CT faculty, and CE,CS professionals
- COVID-19 Context
- More resources for the College of Science Department Coordinators can be found here. If you need access, please contact Frankie Kolb.
Conflict of Commitment (COC), Conflict of Interest (COI), and Export Control
Conflict of Commitment (COC) Disclosures
- University of Arizona Policy on COCs
- Information for disclosing COCs
- Direct link to the COC disclosure system
Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Introduction to the University COI program
- COI summary sheet PDF
- UHAP description of COI
- University Policy on Individual COIs in research
- University Policy on Management of Personal COIs
- Direct link to the COI disclosure system
- Procedures for requesting a Sabbatical Leave
- Upload your fully completed sabbatical leave application + supporting documents for AY 2024/2025
Face Covering Compliance