Academic policies are located online in the General Catalog.

When reviewing policies, please be sure to search under your catalog year, which is the same as your requirement term listed in UAccess. In general, your catalog year or requirement term is the term and year that you enrolled at the UA, but this is not always the case. If you are unsure of your catalog year, ask your advisor.

There are many ways to know what classes are required to earn your degree. The Academic Program Requirement Report or Academic Advisement Report in your UAccess Student Center is a good tool to use to see how the classes you've completed, transferred, or are currently taking are being applied to your degree requirements, and what classes are left to complete. This report was designed to serve as an advising tool to allow you to self-audit your progress through your degree program. You can generate this Requirement Report in your UAccess Student Center by using the drop down menu on the main Student Center page and choosing Academic Requirements. It takes only a minute to produce the document and you can view it both in web-based format and as a PDF file. You can generate the document from any computer with internet access. Questions about how to run, view, and interpret your advisement report should be directed to your academic advisor.

If you are exploring various majors, you may use the general Academic Program Requirement Reports in the General Catalog which are listed alphabetically by major, or you may consult the Degree Search webpage for program requirements and 4-year plans. Department webpages are also useful as many provide check-lists and additional information for students to use.

Sometimes. Contact the offering department and/or instructor for the course. They may be able to add you to the course or put you on a wait list. Some professors utilize Change of Schedule (drop/add) forms to approve enrollment into a class that is full. You must take the signed form to the Registrar's office in the Administration Building, room 210 to have the course added to your schedule. Change of Schedule (drop/add) forms are available online, in the College of Science Undergraduate Advising Office (Gould-Simpson 1017), the Registrar's Office (Administration 210), and most departmental offices.

Meet with the major advisor for the new major of your choice. See the list of advisors by major.

No, it's not OK. It is your responsibility to officially withdraw from or drop a class if you are not attending it. If you just stop going to class without dropping or withdrawing, you will almost certainly get an "E" in the class. You can drop the class through the end of the 10th week of classes online using UAccess. After the 10th week of classes, the only way to withdraw from a course is to file a late change petition. You must be able to document circumstances beyond your control for the petition to be considered. You can pick up a late change petition in the College of Science Advising Office (Gould-Simpson, room 1017). Talk to your advisor if you have any questions about dropping or withdrawing from a class. See registration dates and deadlines.

The College of Science Advising Office located in Gould-Simpson, room 1017, provides a friendly and comfortable environment where science students can get Information and referrals, or learn about other programs designed to promote student success and help students as they transition from their previous school to the University of Arizona. In addition, the following services are available to ALL students:


Campus Health Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers crisis intervention and brief therapy for students to help them cope with personal and family problems so they can achieve their educational goals. The first visit is free and all visits are confidential. If you need help, call 621-3344 or visit their website for more information.

Your advisor can help you answer all those questions and more. Advisors can also refer you to the right source at the UA, even if you have questions or problems not related to academic advising. Don't wait until it's too late. See your advisor right away. Advisors are here to help you. Don't know who your College of Science major advisor is? Go here.